Board logo

標題: [硬件] IP cam comments [打印本頁]

作者: bebird    時間: 2011-4-20 15:47     標題: IP cam comments

I'm using 1 IP cam (Edimax IC-7000PTn V2) at home and i can monitor normally on every PC.

Recently I bought another IP cam (LevelOne WCS-0020), I wanna give some comments for this cam...

1) video quality (set to same resolution 640*480, best quality, 30fps)
- similar, but seems LevelOne is sharper (but Edimax supports 1024*768, and other quality settings are in default)

2) audio output
- for my working PC, both cams provide normal sound output. But, i monitor using my old P3 laptop, LevelOne's cam can't provide normal sound output, likes breaking sound with some voice loss (not related to CPU loading), given that Edimax can perform normal in same laptop. It makes me very disappointed

3) interface
- for using IE, Edimax provides more functions (and can choose to record) and has text to show user for each functions. But LevelOne is only around 60-70% of Edimax. I think the firmware... Edimax is better.
- for using bundled software, i think both are ok.

Conclusion
- after i used Edimax for several months it was down & needed to change to new one, so i wanna try another brand because i need to buy another cam anyway. But, Levelone's one seems can't give me very nice impression, mainly due to sound problem and no record function in web mode, so I need to change to monitor from another PC or laptop to get normal sound. I'm not sure whether i can solve this problem if i install other audio codec into laptop or not.
- for price, Edimax was $18xx and Levelone is $13xx, given that it's lower resolution, less and inconvenient functions. If Edimax cam doesn't go out-of-order, i'd like to use Edimax rather than Levelone.
作者: qcmadness    時間: 2011-4-20 17:09

唔識
作者: lctang    時間: 2011-4-20 22:41

無限幾$ 就 canon / panasonic
作者: bebird    時間: 2011-4-21 11:14

1 more question for Levelone cam. The wireless connection is not very good (1 antenna), comparing with Edimax (2 antennas), hence the video is not very smooth under 30fps. so, maybe need to buy a stronger wireless router...

& i don't have much $ to buy panasonic cam la!

[ 本帖最後由 bebird 於 2011-4-21 11:25 編輯 ]

歡迎光臨 HKSpot (https://bbs.hk-spot.com/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0 Lite