打印

[硬件] GeForce 8 graphics processors to gain PhysX support

GeForce 8 graphics processors to gain PhysX support

Huang says:
引用:
We\'re working toward the physics-engine-to-CUDA port as we speak. And we intend to throw a lot of resources at it. You know, I wouldn\'t be surprised if it helps our GPU sales even in advance of [the port\'s completion]. The reason is, [it\'s] just gonna be a software download. Every single GPU that is CUDA-enabled will be able to run the physics engine when it comes. . . . Every one of our GeForce 8-series GPUs runs CUDA.
引用:
Our expectation is that this is gonna encourage people to buy even better GPUs. It might—and probably will—encourage people to buy a second GPU for their SLI slot. And for the highest-end gamer, it will encourage them to buy three GPUs. Potentially two for graphics and one for physics, or one for graphics and two for physics.
Marketing aside,
if NVIDIA can push this API to as many game developers as possible, then AMD needs to think of something else to counter it.

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/14147

引用:
Originally posted by Richteralan at 2008-2-15 04:58:
Huang says:

Marketing aside,
if NVIDIA can push this API to as many game developers as possible, then AMD needs to think of something else to counter it.
[url]http://www.techreport.c ...
I think a standardized API should be developed

More trouble for AMD-ATI ( DAMMIT ? )   .....
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸
Kancolle - 大淀, 翔鶴 (太太), 烏海 , 瑞鶴

does that suggest my 8600m gt could be able to run physx if they complete and release the physics-engine-to-CUDA thing ?

引用:
Originally posted by GeN~XP at 2008-2-16 08:14:
does that suggest my 8600m gt could be able to run physx if they complete and release the physics-engine-to-CUDA thing ?
may have a performance drop

引用:
Originally posted by Tommi_Vercetti at 2008-2-16 23:44:

may have a performance drop
even if there is a performance drop, I would still like to see the so called physics effects that could be produced by adding the CUDA engine thing to the 8 series

we will just have to sit back and wait, and see what nV could produce