打印

[硬件] Harddisk enclosure vs Synology NAS

Harddisk enclosure vs Synology NAS

Stardom SR-SB3 $1290
http://www.stardom.com.tw/sohoraid_sr2_spec.html

Synology DR213j $1450

Which one do you prefer if a computer 24/7 is available?
It seems stupid to get the docking when the price is so close.....

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2014-8-19 11:28 編輯 ]

Of course NAS or self-built NAS as it can serve as server also.

DOCKING有乜好介紹,CENTURY?

引用:
原帖由 符碌 於 2014-8-19 10:05 發表
DOCKING有乜好介紹,CENTURY?
The one I stated on the link, basically they are Century and Stardom, with Stardom being the best from all I have read for enclosure.
Century is really good with docking, I had one used for a few years without any problem.

fuxk, I wrongly bought the Orico 3529 2-Bay for it being cheap $495......but then I realized that it has many many bad reports, and the power supply is even not supplying sufficient current.
Now I am trying my best to sell it on HKEPC for 70% of the original price, even the box is never open.

引用:
原帖由 ccw 於 2014-8-19 22:13 發表

The one I stated on the link, basically they are Century and Stardom, with Stardom being the best from all I have read for enclosure.
Century is really good with docking, I had one used for a few yea ...
咁蝕

引用:
原帖由 qcmadness 於 2014-8-19 10:16 發表

咁蝕
It's my fault for not paying enough attention to the quality (which I almost always do),
and I don't know why but Orico is now very very famous....many shops which sold Century now has only Orico, which somehow made me think this brand was fine.

Last night I looked it up for problems, so many people said the capacitor on the device and the PSU are really bad and easy to fail......that's an instability I cannot afford.
Actually it has 2-year warranty, if you are staying in HK it might not be a big problem, but not for me sadly.

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2014-8-19 10:43 編輯 ]

Still thinking about the NAS vs enclosure/docking problem:

NAS:
O Self-contained
O Even PC is down, it can still be used individually
X All plastic
X Lower transfer rate
X No encryption supported
X Synolocker.....

Stardom:
O High transfer rate
O All aluminum
X Very expensive for just a metal box with interface......
X Will be consuming resources of the computer

Anyway I am a bit biased to Synology for it being a big band, but Synolocker did get me worried for a good while.

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2014-8-19 22:31 編輯 ]

Stardom 貴野黎???

引用:
原帖由 符碌 於 2014-8-19 11:33 發表
Stardom 貴野黎???
香港搵到最貴係佢,全台製。

已買213j