打印

[軟件] DXVA Tutorial || 硬解的簡易法門 中文版+英文版

DXVA Tutorial || 硬解的簡易法門 中文版+英文版

-----------------skip---------------------------------------------------
Emergent Player : If you find the setting below does not help, try this, although it is not supporting DXVA, it can play almost all videos.....         VLCPlayer
---------------------------------skip-----------------------------------
Before you read the tutorial, make sure you have got the followings:
1.        A DXVA fully supported VGA,
http://www.missingremote.com/ind ... =1&limitstart=1

2.        This tutorial is based on Vista/7 x86/x64.
In case you are using Windows XP/Mac OS/Linux, the tutorial may not apply.

3.        This tutorial is divided into 4 parts, where part 1 is for everyone who just wants a basic DXVA function and the other parts are for advanced users who would like to achieve a better playback experience(tearing, lag)
For the parts of dual monitor, CCC Avivo Video setting, BIOS tweaking for DXVA, they will be discussed in another tutorial for CCC.

4.        To continue, you will need some softwares:
-K-Lite codec pack(Freeware)
-PowerDVD(Shareware, optional)
-DXVAChecker(Freeware, optional)
-CoreAVC(Shareware, optional)
-DivX(freeware, optional)

If you have confirmed the above, here we go.
Tutorial Mode(Just switched to 只看該作者)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1
1.        Download K-Lite codec pack.
2.        Install it. You may just press next for every page in case you are not familiar with the configuration.
3.        Turn on the player by clicking the icon “Media Player Classic”.
This is the player installed together with the codec pack.

4.        You will then see a window of the player.

5.        Right click on the player window, select “Options…”

6.        In the window appeared, select Output on the left hand column.

In this window,
for Vista/7 users, make sure you have selected EVR Sync/EVR Custom Pres. in the “DirectShow Video” part.
For Windows XP users, you may select Haali Renderer in the “DirectShow Video” part.
Set EVR Buffers to 4~12………the value is uncertain, you should just pick the smallest one which allows you to play without errors.
For the other options, just leave them as default.
7.        Switch to the internal filters

Then you are almost done.
8.        Play the h.264/mpeg2 video you like with the player and look for a message “Playing [DXVA]”.

If you can see the message displayed at the bottom, , you can now try to play the videos you have with DXVA function of your VGA!

Read beyond:
http://zachsaw.blogspot.com/2009 ... pc-hc-dxva-for.html
http://yumemi.pixnet.net/blog/post/30083242
http://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-using-dxva/

These are some very detailed studies on different issues with DXVA.
Take a look if you like.

[ Last edited by ccw on 2010-6-10 at 22:21 ]

在你閱讀教學前請先了解一下:

1. 你有沒有DXVA全兼容的顯示卡?
Nvidia 8/9/200/300 series ( 8800GTS320/640/8800GTX/8800Ultra 除外)
ATi 2xxx/3xxx/4xxx/5xxx
Intel G43/G45/H55/H57 或相等.

2. 這教學是基於(Windows)視窗系統Vista/7 x86/x64(32bit/64bit),
如果您是使用Windows XP /的Mac OS / Linux的,部分教程可能不適用。

3. 這教學分為2部份,第1部份給予用家僅想有基本的DXVA功能,而其他部份則為對視頻播放有進一步需求的用家而設(tearing,延遲)

繼續, 你將需軟件如下:
-K-Lite codecpack(免費軟件,必需)
-PowerDVD(共享軟件, 選擇性安裝)
-DXVAChecker(免費軟件, 選擇性安裝)
-CoreAVC(共享軟件, 選擇性安裝)
-DivX(免費軟件, 選擇性安裝)

若確認有所需硬件及軟件,我們開始吧。
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1
1.        下載K-Lite codec pack(譯者個人選mega pack)
2.        安裝(請關掉IE/FireFox),若不熟悉設定或選取的請只順著按下一步便可。
           (譯者個人選most of the stuff with media player)
3.        開始程式集中找Media Player Classic, 打開。

4.        打開後將看見這個播放軟件(Media Player Classic)的視窗。

5.        將滑鼠鼠標移至這視窗中然後按右鍵再選取options(選項)

6. 在options 出現後,請在左項目欄中選取Output(輸出)

選取後在右邊會出現相應設定框.
對於視窗VISTA/7 用家們,請先在DirectShow Video部份選取EVR Sync/EVR Cust Pres. .
而視窗XP用家們,可以在DirectShow Video部份選取 Haali.
VISTA/7 用家, 請設EVR Buffers 在4-12左右,這數值並不絕對,請取一個較細, 而同時在播放時不出現錯誤的數值
其他設定方面,保留原有預設便可
7.       在左欄換去internal filters

接近完成了!
8. 播放 h.264/mpeg2格式片, 找找有否出現Playing [DXVA]字句.

若能看見此字句在底部, , 你已可用顯卡的DXVA功能播放電影!!

[ Last edited by ccw on 2010-6-10 at 22:22 ]

For the second part, I am telling as far as I know for the software Media Player Classic, followed by some tweaks to obtain a little bit better playback.

1. Playback

In the “Playback” window,
1. Auto-zoom – This is to adjust the Media Player Classic window size when you play a video clip.
Auto Fit would be a good choice. This will resize your player window in order that it appears in a suitable size for different video you opened.

2. Output

1. Renderer
In this box you can see many renederers, Overlay Mixer, VMR-X, Haali Renderer…..and so on.
For Vista/7 users, you must use one of the renderers included by the 1 orange box so as to use DXVA.
They are EVR and its transform.
The simplest one is the EVR. It is the least hardware demanding renderer among the three.
However, it does not support adding effects, like shaders(to be explained later), resizer and even subtitles, to the videos.
The EVR Custom Pres. and EVR Sync are more or less the same.
They are improved version of EVR which allows effects on video clips while they are a little bit hardware demanding.
Luckily, the performance drop is only spotted in very low-end cards(4350/4550).

2. Resizer
This is used when you are not playing the video point-to-point, that means, not playing a 1920x1080 video on a 1920x1080 monitor.
Among the choices, Bicubic should give better quality than bilinear resizing. But the difference is very small, most people don\'t even notice it.

3. EVR Buffers
For this, I have been looking for its exact meaning but regrettably I could not figure it out.
It should be telling how many frames should the player buffer.
I raised a question in the codec guide forum and they told me that DXVA should work better with a lower buffer value.
Therefore, you may try different values for the buffer and find the lowest possible that allows a smooth playback.
A large buffer would not improve the picture quality but it can make the less capable cards malfunction and lag occurs during playback.

5. Audio Renderer
This is to choose the output of your audio to the device you want.
Normal audio output, you may simply leave it untouched or select your analog audio output.
Normally it would be "Speakers(XXX Device)".
If you want to output to your attached HDTV, you may select the HDMI as output.
If you cannot find the HDMI output after you have extended your monitors, keep your secndary monitor on and set to the input channel of the computer, keep it and restart the computer.

3. Internal filters

In the internal filters part, they are divided into two parts, Source Filters and Transform Filters.

In the column of source filters, you may just leave everything as default as they are enough for normal playback.
The box 1, MPEG PS/TS/PVA is suggested to be ticked.
From my experience and discussion in the DMHY M-group, we found that in the playback of some videos with the container .m2ts which seems to be directly extracter from a BD, soundless issue occurs. Ticking the box 1 could solve your problem.

For boxes 2, the MPEG-2 and H264/AVC(DXVA) are two important internal decoders of MPC-HC, especially the h264 filter which support DXVA and deinterlace. It must be ticked in case you don\'t have other h.264 decoder.
For the VC-1 decoder, from K-Lite, it is not supporting de-interlace at the moment(in fact seldom applied for this codec), they do not suggest we use it. Anyway, you can tick it if you want to try.

For boxes 3 in blue, please leave them un-ticked.
I have experienced errors with ticked blue boxes during some playback.
And in most cases they are not necessary.
In fact, they may fit a specific need of a video clip but not all.
Therefore, if you face problem with the default setting, you may try ticking these boxes to see if they help.

4. Audio Switcher

This option helps you solve the problem with audio delay and too low volumn(seldom occurs).
1.        Normalize
This option is to equalize the output to a suitable and similar level.
For example, you find a video with too loud background noise but too soft vocal, ticking this would allow a more evenly distributed sound.
2.        Regain Volume
In case you find the video clip’s sound is still very soft after maximize all the setting, you may tick this box 2 and increase the Boost.
However, this boost is lossy that a large value can  make the sound awful.
3.        Audio time shift (ms)
If you find your soundtrack in the video does not match the video, you may make use of this.
By ticking this box 3, this option shifts you soundtrack forward or backward with a positive value and a negative value respectively.

4.  External Filters

Now we are in the most important part.
There is a wide variety of  types of video clips in the internet.
The default decoder is not always working.
Sometimes you will need different decoders for the videos.
Here you can set the player to use a specific decoder and ban a unwanted decoder upon your setting.

1. Press AddFilter and you will see the window below:

Inside the window are the audio and video filters that you may add to the player and set as the decoder.
Here we will only consider some main filters that are useful for playback.
Some of them require you to install a software before you can find them in this window.
They are the mentioned softwares at the beginning of the tutorial.
You may find them in the website I gave…………..buy them or get them by whatever means you have…….if you want to continue.

Please add the following filters:
-Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder(DXVA) --- This is the Windows 7 embedded decoder for h.264
-CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder(PDVDX)(DXVA), where X refers to the latest version you have.
Obviously, this is the CyberLinkPowerDVD’s decoder for h.264.
If you find other CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder, like CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder(TVEnhance), just ignore them. They are from other CyberLink program.
-CoreAVC Video Decoder
This is not a DXVA decoder but a very powerful software decoder with good PQ and good utilization of CPU – a comparatively low CPU usage is resulted. The most important point is that you can still use the Avivo Video functions on the video played with this.
When you find some videos having problems in DXVA, this can save your life.
-DivX H.264 Decoder --  another strong software decoder – different from CoreAVC – it\'s free!

*The internal DXVA h.264 decoder is located in the tab “Internal filter”, you won’t find it here nor add that.
After you have added these filters, you need to set them to prefer or block.
Prefer and block mean to enable the filter as default decoder and prevent the player from using it respectively.

Add Desired filters
1.        Select your desired decoder you want the player to use.
2.        Set prefer by clicking the circle.

Block unwanted filters
1.        Select the filters that you do not want to be used by the player.
2.        Set Block by clicking the circle.

When you set the external filters, you are suggested to set only one preferred filter(for the same type, e.g. video decoder/audio decoder) at the same time ban all the others of same type.

The above is only an example.
You may set it upon the video you played.
I have experience that the three h.264 DXVA decoders fit different videos.
Therefore, if you encounter playback issues in playing a h.264 video with DXVA, you are suggested to try different decoders.

Tearing
Next I am going to talk about an issue which has been disgusting people for long..........Tearing.

What is tearing? Maybe we begin with looking at this:

(From Wiki. I like this picture, really an good example)
For more information like the causes, please proceed to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing.

Tearing is quite obvious, especially in fast moving pictures like some documentaries, maybe a tiger hunting its prey, the head of the tiger is always cut into pieces.

Actually, you may have never encountered the problem I mentioned above --- As you start with Vista/7 with Windows Aero effect on. ----------- Aero cured this...............is it true?
Not really, what Aero did to solve the problem is just like the Vertical Sync for 3D games.
It hold the picture until we have got them sync-ed before the frame is displayed...........it turns out to be another issue --- lag.
This is observed under FullHD resolution with fast moving pictures.

I seek help in the forum of the K-Lite Codec Pack, here is the conversation:
http://codecs.freeforums.org/abo ... -tearing-t2423.html

It seems that at the moment we don\'t have an complete solution to it.
We can only adjust the setting to alleviate the issue:
Use EVR Sync and play with the settings in Options -> Playback -> EVR Sync Settings
By changing the VSync offset you should, in theory, be able to move the position of the tear. The goal to achieve is to move it all the way to the top or bottom of the screen, so that is is no longer noticeable/visible.

Hey guys, I am glad to tell that with the latest K-Lite, tearing is much less significant in the video playback.
You may try it out yourselves.

Hey, I have a piece of BD ISO, is it possible to play it with so called K-lite and Media Player Classic?

Sure.

Looking into the player window, in file, we have four options:

Open File
Open DVD
Open Device
Open Directory

In order to open a BD in a BD driver/Virtual device, we choose "Open DVD", then select the BD driver, e.g. the E: drive, then the playback will start.

Besides, what can I do if I actually have a BD format directory, e.g.:
A "Terminator" folder containing a BDMV file and something else?
In this case, you have two options.
1. Get into the BDMV file, then the stream file, play directly the biggest .m2ts.
2. Select "Open Directory", and open the folder "Terminator".

For "Open Device", though I have never tried it, you may expect that it works similar to "Open DVD".

[ Last edited by ccw on 2010-6-11 at 21:37 ]