打印

[硬件] 3TB HDD

Using Seagate ST3000DM001,  
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844

And from my experience, I have 1 WD broken, and 2 Hitachi 1TB, but have yet to be a Seagate.
Just ordered another of the same model to run RAID1.

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2014-3-16 23:58 發表
你班友仔.......我成堆 Hitachi / WD 無死架
成日覺得我 Deathnote
WD Green 就唔會買了 ( 雖然手上兩隻 Green  1TB 都好地地)
Toshiba 我都有隻 3TB @ External USB 3.0 enclouse 幾好 ...
Oh, so dangerous, I forgot;
Don't buy Seagate plz coz I am using

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2014-3-16 23:56 發表

Sorry , I wlll not buy anymore Seagate, I lost >1.5TB la since the 7200.11/12 FUBAR Firmware
It's  Perm. Blacklist FOREVER just like SHAMESUNG
So that's why mine is working then I suppose.

Actually, ALL brands has the chance to fail, and you only need to fall on them ONCE to lose ALL OF YOUR DATA,
if you don't backup, you will SOON experience the same from ALL brands, then nothing left to pick from.

My advice is to not avoid a particular brand just because of a single failure; that's simply meaningless.
You should avoid a brand only when you have more than 1 harddrive getting malfunctioned, in my case that's Hitachi, or read the failure rate on Amazon/Newegg.

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2014-3-17 20:44 發表

Tell me about backup
How thr fxxk I backup when 3 x 500GB Seagate 7200.11 die one by one in the same weeks??

And it is firmware bug Seagate known about it and provide update firmware After so many  ...
Ok, with all your misfortunes I am sorry for not knowing in advance.
And actually my Seagate was bought before I left, so it doesn't really matter (anyway they are likely from China).

The only thing I can tell is I use RAID 1 on all my data drives, no matter how safe, or unsafe they are.
For the software issue, if that was a software issue I just hope it won't happen in the future, and it's unlikely I suppose.

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2014-3-17 20:49 編輯 ]