打印

[硬件] nCentroid

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2011-6-23 17:06 發表

你睇下 Linke 有無啦....
香港代理依家唔翻d "賣得小" 既貨類
I asked them and they will reply later today or tmr.
While if I am asking them for the board, I may rather seek help from my friend, as the point is both are water goods.

引用:
原帖由 WHO 於 2011-6-23 18:08 發表

oic
As far as I know, Xeon is for mission-critical server while i7 is all-rounded multi-purpose with relatively higher c/p ratio consumer-line product.  Is there anything specific you want to test on ...
To be honest, I just pick Xeon out of preference, and it doesn't cost more over building an i7 desktop, provided that stability is my very first concern.
Right from the beginning I am seeking a stable machine, for similar price, obviously Xeon is the right choice.

PS : I went to Wan Chai Computer Mall, VideoCom helped me a lot in finding the needed board, they will be replying by tmr for the availability of an IntelC206 board(I don't know which it is, only knowing it is Intel Branded...) and also P8B WS in case possible. They are much more promising than the stupid Horn.

引用:
原帖由 WHO 於 2011-6-23 23:09 發表

I am also considering Intel for my next mobo, more linux friendly than Asus nowadays.
Sadly ASUS P8B WS is the only C206 mobo at the moment, if I am correct.
While choices are widely available for C202 and C204, yet I don't see a proper disty selling them in Hong Kong at least for individuals.

The sales were wrong today to identify Intel® BD82C206 PCH as an Intel mobo......
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=52805

Hopefully they can somehow get me a P8B WS tmr.....

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2011-6-23 23:35 編輯 ]

Linke gave me an offer of $1800 for the board, maybe I will order it today.

Visited Linke, did not order as it takes two weeks

Instead, ordered PC-B25S from A Lo ,
need 2 months to ship, seriously postponed

Analysis on buying chassis,
1. The available Chassis now(only consider Lian Li)
are only PC-6,7,8, A05 and one B25F.
PC-6,7,8 are filled with tiny holes and definitely it will be hard to clean in the future and freq cleaning will be needed as the holes would trap dust quickly, A05 is too small.
B25F has 2 fans for air in and 3 fans for air out, this would build negative pressure in case and drawing air from the PCI slots, that way dust will build up easily in case.

In the 1-2k ATX cases, only B25S would fit my need so ordered, and a case will always fit any parts.
How come Lian Li always deliver chassis with thousands of tiny holes, this is a stupid design.

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2011-6-26 10:35 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2011-6-25 13:14 發表
v3 mi停左產Wor
Oh I didn't know......

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2011-6-25 13:14 發表
v3 mi停左產Wor
FYI,
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.co ... p=650559#post650559

引用:
原帖由 qcmadness 於 2011-6-26 05:40 發表

Anyway, I may add the budget to 13k to deal with SBE!
Intel, have mercy!

Actually I did a little search on the workstation motherboards,
Intel's C204 powered board is available in Hong Kong for $2.2k,
I wonder why it is that expensive,
-Not all solid state caps,
-PCI-E 2.0 x8 only
-4 phases voltage regulation for CPU(seems)

What makes it more expensive than ASUS's P8B WS?

Another question, do you have any idea for AMD workstation parts?

Chassis Arrived!

Will be ordering CPU and Mainboard today,
visiting SSP at around 1900.

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2011-7-12 14:14 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 lctang 於 2011-7-12 14:40 發表
SB-E waiting for U
No la, I will not wait until next year if the Chassis arrives that early, I will order E3-1235 tonight.

.......Suddenly I am struggling if I should buy a cheaper discrete card or use Intel HD 3k........
I want to buy Southern Island but not until next year it will be available........

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2011-7-12 14:52 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 lctang 於 2011-7-12 15:32 發表

唔打機, 就 HD3K
Yes,
but actually I will be paying ~300 extra for that, waiting for 2 weeks and no local warranty(although CPU seldom fail), or I can pick E3-1230 which is readily available and a simple discrete card......any of them will kill HD 3k.

updated:
Bought the below: