[硬件] Overclocking Core i3/i5/i7 Basic Gudie

Overclocking Core i3/i5/i7 Basic Gudie

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/
Good Reference
只要你肯花點時間睇下
基本盤 4GHz 就玩到了
引用:
Testing for highest stable bclock frequency

Once the operating system has fully loaded, start up RealTemp.  RealTemp should always be running while checking for stability of an overclocked system to ensure you do not overheat your CPU.  RealTemp shows your CPU’s core temperatures real-time, as well as the distance to TJ Max, my advice is to never exceed TJ Max.  Now start up CPU-Z, this will allow you to ensure that your overclocked settings have been properly applied, and that you are running at your desired speed.  Check both the CPU tab for the expected CPU frequency (should be 1800MHz at this point), and check the memory tab to ensure your memory is running at the proper speed (CPU-Z will show the frequency of the memory, not the DDR3 speed, it should be 450MHz at this point).  Now start up your selected test program, for example OCCT or Prime95.  Run the test for just a short amount of time, five minutes should be plenty.  Then reboot the system and return to the BIOS.

If the test ran without error, raise the bclock by 10MHz, reboot into your OS and run the test again.  If the test failed, raise the CPU VTT voltage by a small increment, reboot into your OS and run the test again.  You should be able to see where this is going, continue to raise bclock or CPU VTT voltage with a short test after each change, until you meet one of the following criteria:

* You reach your desired bclock and successfully pass your stability test.
    * You reach your maximum safe CPU VTT voltage.
    * Raising the CPU VTT does not allow for additional stability.

* Note – there is a phenomena known as “bclock holes,” which seem to be less common now, but may still create confusion and frustration during this process.  But if you appear to have found your limit at a much lower speed than anticipated, please consider trying a step or two higher before continuing on.  A bclock hole causes system instability a particular bclock values, and going past them may allow you to regain stability.
引用:
Maximum safe CPU VTT

What is the maximum safe CPU VTT voltage?  Depends on a lot of things, but I feel like these are some basic conservative guidelines.  If you’re running the stock Intel heatsink and fan, I would not advise more than +0.2V, if you are running a high end air cooler I would not advise more than +0.3V on LGA1156 platforms, and no more than +0.4V on LGA1366 systems.  If you are running a high end custom water loop add another 0.05V to those values, and if you are using extreme forms of cooling then use whatever works best.  I’ve used up to 1.70V on an i7 920, and up to 1.55V with my i5 750 with extreme cooling.
亂加電係無用的
引用:
The newer 32nm CPUs seem to have particularly weak IMCs, and often will not run at the higher multipliers even if your memory is perfectly capable.
[ Last edited by dom on 2010-4-4 at 18:26 ]
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸
Kancolle - 大淀, 翔鶴 (太太), 烏海 , 瑞鶴

Post 黎就係比人參考
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

引用:
Originally posted by Tommi_Vercetti at 2010-4-4 20:04:

基本盤至少是4.4Ghz先似樣 wor
公司玩過 Core i3-530
塊版 4GHz 開唔到機......
無得 set iGPU clock 難超.....
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

Quote from XS
引用:
~1.45V VTT is for 240bclk, for 200X25, I use 1.325VTT...
CPU skew ~ 500ps DELAY,
CPU PLL ~1.9V seems have something help - air-cooling

I find for higher BCLK with this MB, 2:8 ratio is much easier, with 2:6 what I got is 237.5 bclk
From TinTin@OCQQ
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

死啦
之前玩公司粒 4.2GHz 都開唔到機
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

上星期d U ?
咩 Code ?

[ Last edited by dom on 2010-4-7 at 20:26 ]