打印

[硬件] 原來RS780係一整粒RV610

引用:
Originally posted by Richteralan at 2008-1-28 23:53:

AMD wants to be like Intel: own CPU with own chipset in laptop.
nvidia does not have a big market share with integrated video chip.
AMD should have release this years ago since all laptops with ...
暫時大部分K8廠機都係MCP-61果類chipset

My dad\'s Compaq Laptop (Turion64x2 TL-50 ) comes with MCP61? (GeForce Go 6100 )
and even one of my relative\'s newer ASUS F9Dc (12"/13" Notebook comp)
with Turion64x2 TL-56 comes with Integrated GeForce 8400M  (yep , nForce again)
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸
Kancolle - 大淀, 翔鶴 (太太), 烏海 , 瑞鶴

引用:
Originally posted by qcmadness at 2008-1-28 23:59:

暫時大部分K8廠機都係MCP-61果類chipset
most people here in USA actually buying Intel rather than AMD, regardless of laptop or desktop.

Since the price difference is very small: just around USD$50, and most manufacturers like Dell/HP offers more choice with Intel systems.

The RS780 hopefully can help AMD get back that small chipset market and let them can advertise the whole platform(CPU+Chipset+GPU) like Intel does.
Let\'s see.

But I do hope AMD get some high-end laptop GPU just to have some competition.

引用:
Originally posted by Richteralan at 2008-1-29 02:08:

most people here in USA actually buying Intel rather than AMD, regardless of laptop or desktop.

Since the price difference is very small: just around USD$50, and most manufacturers like Dell/H ...
For intel, I hope that the 3D performance could be improved, at least for IGP product.

引用:
Originally posted by Tommi_Vercetti at 2008-1-29 23:11:

For intel, I hope that the 3D performance could be improved, at least for IGP product.
I will guess no.
since Intel knows that most people buy Intel chipset + IGP needs long battery power and just for business/presentation purposes. Not for gaming because Intel also knows it\'s difficult to combat brand stereotype.
So Intel may not want to spend a lot just to increase 3D performance. Maybe develop some new battery saving/multi-head presentation stuffs but I would guess very low possibilities in increasing 3D performance.

引用:
Originally posted by Richteralan at 2008-1-29 23:55:

I will guess no.
since Intel knows that most people buy Intel chipset + IGP needs long battery power and just for business/presentation purposes. Not for gaming because Intel also knows it\'s dif ...
So i think the higher power consumption of RS780 is a backward step for AMD.

引用:
Originally posted by qcmadness at 2008-1-30 00:07:

So i think the higher power consumption of RS780 is a backward step for AMD.
IF RS780 will have future revisions that lowers the power consumption, then it will be not much difference from what NVIDIA\'s offering now for AMD.