打印

[業界消息] 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Hyundai用舊Atom都唔用Tegra, NVIDIA究竟做緊咩

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/2015-hyundai-genesis-technology-review,3794-3.html
引用:
The standard infotainment unit on the Genesis sedan is what Hyundai calls AVN 4.5. On the Genesis, the system is highlighted by an 8-inch touch screen display. Resolution of the display is a typical 800x480, which is adequate from the driver’s seat. Though it’s a resistive touch screen, it's still fairly responsive, and totally suitable for automotive use.

At the heart of the AVN 4.5 system is a Freescale SoC. Hyundai didn’t give us any specifics except that it's clocked at 1.1 GHz. Our prediction is that the SoC is a Freescale i.MX 6Dual. We predict it’s the i.MX 6Dual because that Freescale SoC is optimized for automotive use. The clock speed is key since the lesser i.MX models only operate up to 1.0 GHz, whereas the i.MX 6Dual is available at up to 1.2 GHz. It’s a lot more likely for an automaker to underclock a SoC than overclock. Nevertheless, the i.MX 6Dual sports two ARM Cortex-A9 cores with 1MB of L2 cache. NEON is supported, which most likely helps accelerate voice recognition features of the Genesis sedan, since the i.MX 6Dual does not have a dedicated DSP.

A trio of graphics IP from Vivante provides visual duty for the i.MX 6Dual with a GC355 for 2D vector graphics, GC320 for 2D composition and GC2000 for 3D processing. The Vivante GC2000 sounds pretty powerful on paper, with four unified shaders that deliver a 1600 MPixel/s fill rate. To give a rough idea of the GPU performance, the fill rate is on par with the Adreno 225 in the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4. As with most automotive SoCs, the i.MX 6Dual is roughly two to three years behind when compared to smartphone technology.

The most interesting bit of the Hyundai AVN 4.5 system is the use of an Android-based operating system. Hyundai heavily skins the OS for infotainment use, so it bears no resemblance to your typical Android smartphone or tablet. We were not provided with the specific version of Android, but we predict that it's 2.3 Gingerbread, which is the earliest version of Android to support dual-core SoCs, and also falls in line with the vehicle’s development cycle.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/2015-hyundai-genesis-technology-review,3794-4.html
引用:
Buyers that opt for the Ultimate Package upgrade the pure touch screen infotainment to a dual interface system which Hyundai calls DIS (Driver Information System) 2.0. The premium system maintains the touch screen interface, but adds a control knob which is similar to the one in the company's flagship Equus. The control knob is located on the center console and below the shifter gate. As with our experience in the Equus, Hyundai chose to use similar positioning for the control knob, which makes it awkward and uncomfortable to use.

The biggest upgrade with the DIS 2.0 system is a bigger 9.2-inch display. While its only 1.2-inches bigger than the base AVN 4.5 display, the resolution receives a bump up to high-definition 720p, and it looks excellent from the driver’s seat. The entire user interface is clean and crisper than other infotainment displays we’ve come across. However, the higher resolution display and control knob come with one caveat, you must give up the Android-based OS.

Instead, another Linux-based OS takes center stage on DIS 2.0. This time Hyundai dug up Meego from the smartphone OS cemetery and tweaked it for automotive use. The use of Meego might sound odd for those of us used to reading about smartphones and tablets, but it’s the official OS for GENIVI, which is an alliance of automotive manufacturers and suppliers with the goal of driving mass adoption of open source infotainment systems.

Powering the Meego-powered DIS 2.0 system is an Intel Atom processor. No, it’s not the latest dual or quad-core Bay Trail, those embedded processors are simply too new. Instead, its Tunnel Creek, which itself is based on Moorestown, but optimized for embedded applications. Intel announced the single-core Atom at IDF 2010, which seems like an old dinosaur by PC hardware standards, but the embedded and automotive market have different development cycles. Tunnel Creek was most likely the latest and greatest available from Intel at the start of the DIS 2.0 development.

Graphics for the Atom E660 is what Intel calls GMA 600. Despite what Intel calls it, the graphics core is based on the PowerVR SGX 535, much like the earlier GMA 500 found in Poulsbo, or the Atom Z5xx series. However, GMA 600 doubles the clock speed to 400 MHz from the GMA 500 for a bit more GPU power. Regardless, the GMA 600 is perfectly adequate, if not overkill for automotive infotainment use.