打印

[硬件] KAVERI 幾時先有消息

引用:
原帖由 Puff 於 2013-11-12 15:13 發表
OT: Does anybody have a clue of what speed the DDR4 majority will be at its launch?
2133? 2400? 2667?
expect 2133

引用:
原帖由 Puff 於 2013-11-12 15:11 發表

This is piledriver. But anyway, it doesn't change so much I guess.
kaveri is pd not sr?

still have chance

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2013-11-12 17:40 發表

kaveri is pd not sr?

still have chance
The result was benchmarked on Trinity. KV has Steamroller cores.

引用:
原帖由 qcmadness 於 2013-11-12 17:39 發表

expect 2133
I wonder if anyone will launch 3200 at launch.
btw, max 31 fps on A10-5800K, so I guess AMD is focusing on power perf (e.g. lower TDP for top bin) and HSA for Kaveri, as the memory BW is definitely an obstacle of further performance growth.

[ 本帖最後由 Puff 於 2013-11-12 19:56 編輯 ]

好玩囉, 有HEVC *(Support H.265 Hardware Decoding ?)
死人 AMD , 唔踢佢鏟佢金金地都唔郁
http://new.livestream.com/toms-live/amdapu13-1
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸
Kancolle - 大淀, 翔鶴 (太太), 烏海 , 瑞鶴

引用:
原帖由 Puff 於 2013/11/12 15:07 發表

Because you can launch PIBs whenever you want, while mobile release is bounded to OEM schedules. They are releasing machines for the Easter timeframe.

It is reasonable, though it sucks. Many thanks  ...
I think they realize OEM don't take much of their product, Server is not selling well,
so they have to go back to fight in dimishing Desktop market first ( Market Share dropping )
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2013-11-12 20:09 發表

I think they realize OEM don't take much of their product, Server is not selling well,
so they have to go back to fight in dimishing Desktop market first ( Market Share dropping )
Generally speaking, you would launch you mobile series before desktop series ONLY IF you can't manage to have enough inventory for both.
OEMs are always aligned to big events or specific seasonal time frames, like CES, Computex, Easter, BTS and Xmas. PIBs for desktop have no such limitation. But anyway, AMD's slippery roadmap since Llano may cause some impact on their design wins, and given that the low adoption rate of AMD APUs, your statement could be true either.

They definitely need sustainable execution on this product line if they really want to regain the land. For instance, accelerate their 20nm product as early as they can. Q3 is a SUPPPPER breakthrough in AMD's history of the 10s, Q4 is excellent, Q1 is nice, Q2 is dangerous, and Q3 sucks.

[ 本帖最後由 Puff 於 2013-11-12 20:34 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 Puff 於 2013/11/12 20:25 發表

Generally speaking, you would launch you mobile series before desktop series ONLY IF you can't manage to have enough inventory for both.
OEMs are always aligned to big events or specific seasonal tim ...
I am not sure the console will become as popular as before , as people spend more time and money paying for handheld (new smartphone) and phone games too (PAD...TheTower of Copy, for overseas consumer some pay for similar stuff...)

Free-To-Play (and purchase itesm to "draw" ) style gaming development have lower overhead cost + development time than traditional console / PC game development, good thing is AMD is pushing "PC Gaming First + support Console as well" as they get 100% Next Gen Console GPU market

That's AMD only ACE they have now , GPU ...

The MAJOR Issue why OEM/ODM don't use APU (Let alone Faildozer FX , lol )after Llano
because Intel 's offering is catching up, and the overall PC Market is not performing (demand drop overall)  + garbage Windows 8 (Thanks to M$ ruin the day!) , and AMD / GF inability to provide consistance supply ( Even TSMC may perform better, AMD still have to compete with other companies that also use TSMC Production quota )

[ 本帖最後由 dom 於 2013-11-13 09:19 編輯 ]
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

amd.....

睇來佢真係無plan b
真係見步行步咁
好彩d engine人爆到個勁idea就有得番身者
唔好彩就

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2013/11/13 10:50 發表
amd.....

睇來佢真係無plan b
真係見步行步咁
唔好彩就
AMD 2015 都無新野既話 真係印證 AMD 2015 RIP .....
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2013-11-13 10:50 發表
amd.....

睇來佢真係無plan b
真係見步行步咁
唔好彩就
There is no plan B in the semiconductor world, esp for such small scaled company. If they opt on Bulldozer at the beginning of the multi-year architecture planning (3-4 yrs to design a first gen product, and make evolution on that for the next N yrs of product to save cost), they will stick with it till the end of the roadmap. Now for anything wrong with Bulldozer, given that you have simulations & real chips in 2010 and also several delays and internal issues during 10-13, add 5-6 years and you will have a clue of when you will see something brand new (if they still finance it, and I guess yes as they want to reclaim land in the server world).

[ 本帖最後由 Puff 於 2013-11-13 21:56 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 cheungmanhoi 於 2013-11-13 10:50 發表
amd.....

睇來佢真係無plan b
真係見步行步咁
唔好彩就
Even Intel does not have a plan B

引用:
原帖由 dom 於 2013-11-13 15:30 發表

AMD 2015 都無新野既話 真係印證 AMD 2015 RIP .....
They always have new stuff. the problem is only the pace of 20nm/FF transition, esp for the later which can close the gap with Intel.

http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-A10-Kaveri-APU-Details-Leaked/
Kaveri Spec Leaked

FM2+ (All Quad Core)

A10-7850K  w/AMD Radeon R7(tm) Graphic
Base Clock = 3.7GHz , Max Boost = 4GHz
L2 = 4MB
GPU Core = 8 (512sp)
GPU Clock = 720MHz
Support HSA = Yes
TrueAudio Tech = Yes

A10-7700K
Max Boost = 3.8GHz
GCN GPU Cores = 6 (384sp)
GPU Clock = 720MHz
HSA = Yes
TrueAudio = Yes

[ 本帖最後由 dom 於 2013-12-6 11:57 編輯 ]
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸

from the article , Kaveri can offer "Up to Shanghai/Deneb Level of single thread performance"

...................takes 3 years to catch up 5 years ago performance

Bye Kaveri
I am going for Haswell Refresh
天然系長髮眼鏡娘 最高
Lucky Star 聯盟 - 美幸