打印

[硬件] Simple review of Logitech K400

Simple review of Logitech K400

K400, a new keyboard model selling like a hot cake, what special with it is the built in touch pad and cordless, setting it a necessity for those who need something for their HTPC other than a remote.
But how good it really is? I am going to compare it with my Lenovo notebook touchpad, so you know if you would get it.

1. The Keyboard isn't really a good one. Typing rapidly on it is not that comfortable, the spring is barely there, and the keys are too packed.
While, as for a HTPC you don't really keep typing, the most you would be doing are simply chatting on some clients, so this board can serve you well.

2. The touch pad is a bit letting me down......the first touch pad Logitech has delivered?
It lacks too much components one should arm as a pad.
We've got tap-to-click, that way you can click by double tapping on the pad, and this is critical, but it cannot double tap to hold.
........Meaning that you have to hold the left key below the pad and slide with another finger, this is a bit stupid.

3. For scrolling, you cannot slide on the edge of the pad which a normal notebook is offering,
Logitech's solution is you use two fingers to slide on the pad, and it scrolls for you.......a good idea but ended up with a silly implementation.
The sensitivity is not up to the standard for a scroll to be done in the effort of a few move; in most cases you are screwed in trying to scroll.
Moreover, the pad's surface is not well designed. A simple, flat plastic making it not easy to polish over it, hindering a smooth sliding on it.

4. Middle Click.
Where is this? Sure we have two keys beneath the pad, left and right click, but how come I cannot change the function of them?
How if I need a middle click for searching or surfing a forum?

5. Finally, maybe a bit hash, but I do appreciate a function on the synaptic touch pad on my notebook, that is the momentum of a mouse move.
It will slide for a few distance before coming to a stop, saving you from multiple finger moves to reach the far corner.
This is what I would like to see on your future products, or it would be nice to hear if it can be brought by a new driver.

Logitech is still too young in building a touch pad, K400's is not polished, quite obviously.
K400 is a nice try, but a good product is yet to be delivered.

Summery
Pros
-Built-In Touch Pad
-Small in size
-Longer Battery Life(With a switch on top)
-Good reception with extender
-Functions Keys are useful

Cons
-Touch Pad is barely usable
-Poor Scrolling experience
-Poor Building material - the plastic deforms upon a light scratch
-Wrong choice of pad design and material
-No enlargement of photos or browsing screen with Touch Pad
-No customization on Touch Pad buttons
-Keys are too packed
-No options to raise the keyboard(No extender on the back)

[ 本帖最後由 ccw 於 2011-9-15 23:41 編輯 ]